Filing an insurance claim can be confusing and frustrating. Our team at Pinnacle is highly experienced in the insurance claim process, and we are here to help you better understand it as well. While Pinnacle is not a public insurance adjuster, we are able to discuss the scope of repairs on the insured’s behalf with your insurance adjuster. Below is an outline of how a typical insurance claim is filed:
Understanding the insurance claim process
Step 1: Inspection – If you are sure you have damage to your roof, contact your insurance company and get an insurance adjuster scheduled to come inspect your home.
If you are not sure your home has suffered damage, please contact Pinnacle for a free roof inspection.
Step 2: Filing an Insurance claim – After verifying that your home has significant enough storm related damage, our professionally trained Roofing project manager will help you file your insurance claim.
- The claim filing process will take roughly 5-10 minutes to complete.
- You will need the date and time in which the storm happened and your policy number. (We can help you find this if you are unsure)
- All insurance providers have a claims hotline. You do not need to contact your agent if you do not wish to do so.
- Once the claim is filed through your insurance providers’ claim department you will be issued a claim number. (The claim number will be a reference point for your entire claim process.)
Step 3: Adjustment – Once the claim has been filed, an insurance adjuster will be assigned to your claim.
- The adjuster is required to contact you within 48 hours to set up the adjustment at a time that is convenient for you. (The Insured)
- Upon making your appointment, make sure to contact your Pinnacle project manager with the date and time of the adjustment.
- The insurance adjuster is a representative of the insurance company and will naturally tend to have the insurance companies’ best interest in mind. It is important to have your own representation present during the adjustment process. Pinnacle’s trained project managers ensure the repairs identified by your insurer comply with plans, specifications, codes, laws, rules, regulations, and roofing industry standards for workmanlike construction and repair.
- The adjuster and the project manager will inspect the entire perimeter of your property as well as inspect the roof and any interior damage. (This process takes an average of one hour to complete.)
Step 4: Paperwork (Scope of work) – Upon approval the adjuster will create a scope of work for Pinnacle to use as the initial estimate to get the work started.
Step 5: Payments and processing – Every storm related insurance claim is paid out in at least two payments. However, it is not uncommon to receive more than two payments. Additional payments are paid out as supplements and are usually paid after the job is complete.
- The payments are based on a percentage of how old the roof is vs. its expected lifespan. The newer the roof the higher the ACV payment. (Actual Cash Value)
- The first payment is issued along with the first set of paperwork in most cases.
- The second payment (Depreciation payment) is issued once the job is complete and a final invoice is sent to the insurance company by Pinnacle Home Exteriors.
- RCV (Replacement Cost Value) is the market value of your entire roofing project as of the date in which the project was completed. i.e. RCV=(ACV+Depr+deductible)
- Pinnacle Home Exteriors does not require any payments to be made until your materials have been delivered to your home and work has been started.
Pinnacle cannot pay, waive, rebate or promise to pay, waive, or rebate all or part of any insurance deductible applicable to the insurance claim for payment for roofing work.
Ready to get started with Pinnacle Home Exteriors?
Start by giving us a call! We will schedule a time for you to meet with one of our qualified Project Managers. After your roof inspection they can answer any questions or concerns you may have. Call today to get started, or scroll to the bottom of the page to fill out our contact form so we can reach out to schedule an appointment.
**Please Note: PINNACLE HOME EXTERIORS IS NOT A PUBLIC ADJUSTER AND DOES NOT ACT AS ONE WHEN WORKING ON OUR CLIENTS’ BEHALF.**
- The adjusters estimate usually arrives within 7-10 days. It is very important to get a copy of the paperwork to your project manager in order to get the roofing process started as quickly as possible.
- As with any insurance claim there may be extra items that were missed or unforeseen at the time of the adjustment. Don’t worry, our trained insurance supplement team will handle all supplements and negations on your behalf.